TIBCO provides infrastructure software for companies to use on- premise or as part of cloud computing environments. Yesterday, it announced Q4 results that contribute to an annual growth rate of 22% to US$920 million. License revenue grew slightly faster at 25%, but services remain the larger part of the business, representing 60% of the total business. TIBCO’s services business comprises:
- Consulting services are delivered by TIBCO’s Professional Services Group and represent methods to reduce risk, accelerate delivery, and ensures a quality solution.
- Educational services are delivered through on-site training programs, Technical Learning Center classrooms around the world, and Virtual Training.
- Support services from a global organization that uses a “follow-the-sun” model. TIBCO offers four levels of support, with options for personalisation.
Arguably, the boost in services revenues has been augmented by recent additions to TIBCO’s portfolio. Over the past three years, TIBCO has made eight acquisitions:
- DataSynapse, provider of enterprise grid and cloud computing software to the financial services and telecommunications sectors
- Foresight, provider of transaction automation solutions and electronic data interchange (EDI) productivity tools to the healthcare sector
- Netrics, provider of enterprise data matching software products with algorithms that enable intelligent searching of events and data – whether on-premise or in the cloud
- Kabira, provider of in-memory transactional platforms to the financial services and telecommunications sectors
- Proginet, provider of multi-platform software solutions for fast, secure file transfers both inside and outside the enterprise via an on-premise or cloud-based deployment model.
- OpenSpirit, provider of data and application integration solutions that assist geologists and geophysicists in gathering data from multiple sources for determining the likelihood of finding oil, gas, or condensates.
- Loyalty Lab, provider of customer loyalty management software-as-a-service solutions, which allow marketers to manage loyalty marketing programs from their desktop.
- Nimbus Partners, provider of business process discovery and analysis applications that help companies drive adoption of business process initiatives.
Boosted by focus on operations
TIBCO founder and CEO Vivek Ranadivé is betting big on timeliness. It is the premise of his new book, The Two Second Advantage, which argues that a little bit of the right information before an event is more valuable than all the information in the world six months after. Many customers will expect TIBCO to provide the expertise to operationalise this envisioned timeliness.
Image credit: Nany Enciso